Position: Administrative Coordinator
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Coordinator. This full time staff position will be responsible for performing multiple tasks, with a strong focus on organizational duties. The Administrative Coordinator will handle room reservations, event scheduling, processing activity from accounts payable and receivable, supporting payroll as needed, and performing other office-related tasks. The position may also require answering and making phone calls, preparing conference rooms, and greeting clients for room rentals.
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Associate Director of Finance and Administration.
The successful candidate is someone who is self-motivated, highly organized, adaptable, solutions-oriented, and skilled in working with multiple diverse stakeholders. They must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to manage, nurture, and motivate individuals, and experience managing and analyzing data.
Ideal starting date August 15th,2022.
Native/Advanced level bilingualism in Spanish and English is required.
The successful candidate:
● Has excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
● Has the ability to use word processing applications and document management software
● Demonstrates working knowledge of basic bookkeeping
● Has the ability to perform all functions in an accurate and efficient manner
● Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and adaptability
● Has the ability to quickly quickly new systems and apply knowledge
● Is self-motivated andcomfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
● Is bilingual (Spanish/English) and bicultural.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Clerical and Bookkeeping Duties:
● Distribute monthly credit card statements to card holders
● Prepare monthly credit card report entries
● Manage process for monthly electronic deposits, such as Stripe, Square, PayPal, Facebook, Amazon, and/or Merchant Bank
● Record transactions for electronic banking
● Remind all staff of the payables due dates
● Process payables twice per month using bill.com
● Invoice partners on a quarterly basis for the copying machine and postage machine
● Invoice partners monthly, as applies (e.g. EL office)
● Assist with credit card statements and receipt reconciliation as needed
● Direct admin support day to day operations tech support
● Meet with partners and with clients to discuss their needs and to coordinate further planning meetings
● Schedule event room reservations for partners and staff
● Schedule event room reservations for external events and venue rentals
● Plan event details and logistical aspects, including seating, dining and guest guidelines for all external users
● Manage contracts, deposits and collection of payments for all external venue rentals
● Coordinate all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
● Create schedules for event attendees or staff needed for each event
● Communicate to clients any updates or concerns, and arrange all details to ensure a successful event
● Solve problems that may arise during events
● Maintain event rooms, breakroom and copy room organized
● Keep up with AV system components, cables and other organizational materials
● Other duties, as required or requested
Tax Support Programs:
● Tax preparation program support during tax season
● Support W7 (ITIN) applications and renewals
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
● 2 years of experience as a bookkeeper
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited institution
● Skilled in using MS Office and popular accounting software
● Eye for detail
● Accurate data entry experience
● Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
● Integrity and confidentiality; a position that requires one to maintain an entire organization’s financial records requires one’s moral character to be at the highest level.
● In-depth knowledge of necessary bookkeeping procedures, best practices, and terminology
● Data management skills
● Excellent organizational skills
Salary and Benefits
● Annual salary is $40,000
● Medical and Dental insurance
● PTO Benefits: 18 vacation/personal days and 12 sick days for all full-time employees
● Holidays – 10 paid holidays for all full-time employees
● Flexible 9-5pm schedule, with occasional evenings or Saturdays as needed
● Paid parental leave for full-time employees who complete two years with the organization
● Ongoing training and development
● Dynamic and engaging team
How to Apply
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a statewide Latino nonprofit organization based in Nashville, Tennessee. Our mission is to build a welcoming community and create opportunities where Latino families can belong, contribute and succeed. Our organization was founded in 2002 to address some of the most pressing challenges created by recent demographic changes in Middle Tennessee as Latino families come to this region searching for a better quality of life.
Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
For more information about Conexión Américas, visit us at www.conexionamericas.org and check our organization’s profile at www.GivingMatters.com
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Adriana De leon, Associate Director of Finance and Administration by email to Adriana@conexionamericas.org.
No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
- Date Posted: August 17, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: 40,000