The position supports the dean and director of external relations in managing the day-to-day operations of the dean’s office and event planning for the Jack C. Massey College of Business at Belmont University.
(45%) Provide administrative and logistical support in planning and facilitating several events per year on behalf of the Office of External Relations in order to build and strengthen relationships with Massey alumni, business partners, and other external stakeholders.
(40%) Support the dean in the areas of calendaring, communications, purchasing, travel, and meeting facilitation.
(10%) Facilitate the day-to-day operations of the dean’s office and the Massey College of Business in the areas of requisition and purchasing, department and college meeting planning, faculty management and communications, and student support.
(5%) Other duties as assigned.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience working on a professional office environment and 1+ years’ experience in meeting and event planning and logistics. Experience working in higher education a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System and the Microsoft Office Suite. Capacity to learn new software and data platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the discretion to operate in a confidential environment and the ability to safeguard sensitive information.
- Capacity to adapt to change and function effectively in an evolving environment.
- Capable of solving problems and making sound independent decisions.
- Ability to work effectively and comfortably both independently and on a team.
- Comfort with multitasking and ability prioritize work effectually.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to respond to high-pressure situations. Ability to thrive in an environment of hard work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Belmont University offers a generous benefit package to all full-time employees. For an overview of these benefits, please go to: https://www.belmont.edu/hr/prospective/Summary-of-Benefits.pdf.
How to Apply
To apply, please go to: https://belmont.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=10&id=2233.
Applicants must be US citizens or lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
Belmont University is a Christian community. The university faculty, administration, and staff uphold Jesus as the Christ and as the measure for all things. As a community seeking to uphold Christian standards of morality, ethics, and conduct, Belmont University holds high expectations of each person who chooses to join the community. In compliance with federal law, including provisions of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Sections 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973/the American with Disabilities Act, Belmont University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service, or sexual orientation in its administration of education policies, programs or activities; its admissions policies; or employment. Consistent with applicable civil rights law, the University seeks employees of Christian faith who are committed to the mission of the University. Click here to learn more.
Belmont’s Office of Human Resources will conduct ongoing evaluations of the means by which candidates for employment are sought, to the end that the pool of candidates will include qualified women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals. Belmont University is an equal opportunity employer under all applicable civil rights laws.
- Date Posted: January 5, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 03/01/2022
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm