YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Administrative Assistant to Chief of Staff
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
The Administrative Assistant will support the Chief of Staff with administrative duties such as expense reporting, calendar management and communication with business partners, donors, public officials, and other external leaders on the behalf of programs the YW Executive Team. This person will work closely with the Chief of Staff and may at times be responsible for coordinating and verifying schedules, filing reports, updating databases, coordinating materials, and communications for the Executive Team.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent close relationships with CEO, COO, Chief of Staff, Vice Presidents, Directors, and other staff
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent close relationships with AMEND Ambassadors, and Youth Services donors, volunteers, public officials, and other business leaders.
- Supports the Chief of Staff with administrative needs and works with them to provide background information and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meetings, speaking engagements, interviews, and presentations for the President & CEO.
- Create and process payment for vendor invoices and/or purchasing transactions completed by the Chief of Staff and President & CEO.
- Create and update lists of potential funders, partners, and Ambassadors.
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer and Director of Donor Relations to help log donations and other projects as needed.
- Schedule meetings with external stakeholders and related meetings with staff and initiate reminder calls.
- Assist with the set-up of meeting spaces and signage for events as needed.
- Maintain an efficient flow of information between all levels of internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of plans and priorities for the YW in general.
- Assist with donor gatherings (mailing invites, handling RSVP’s, producing name tags, helping with logistics) and help as needed for two large events: AWA and Wine Women and Shoes.
- Assist with other related clerical duties such as typing, online researching, photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Attend occasional meetings, serving as backup to the Chief of Staff, recording attendance and minutes, and represent the YWCA in the community, as requested.
- Responds to and handles confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work occasionally with the Director of Community Engagement to approve donations, help log donations, store donated items and maintain the current Wish List.
Education and Experience
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and one to three years of customer service experience working with a variety of people in person and over the phone. Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Ability to talk, listen, travel, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Ability to move, lift, and/or transport objects up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time working on computer.
- Requires visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of assigned work.
- Requires talking/listing, pulling/pushing, stooping, lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Must be fit for travel by automobile or plane and willing to travel independently to reach engagements.
- Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization and community.
- Exemplary grammar, writing, and editing/proof-reading abilities
- Punctual and dependable.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to work with and respectfully address culturally diverse population.
- Maintains a calm presence in all interactions and is able to respond positively in stressful environments.
- Professional appearance.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives and to coordinate a high volume of diverse assignments.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgment in making independent decisions with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer literate strong proficiency of technology and software programs.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee reserve the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Apply using this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/Jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=78010&clientkey
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/07/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hours/wk; M-F