Safe Haven Family Shelter
Administrative Assistant – Full Time
Safe Haven Family Shelter
Perform general duties of administration, customer service and staff support. Support families in Safe Haven programs and families in need requesting services, as well as donors, volunteers, board members, and staff. Requires ability to take initiative, multi-task, with an excellent attention to detail, and a strong customer service orientation.
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:00-5:00; some flexibility required
- Reconciliation contact for all agency credit cards, tracking down missing receipts, ensuring they are properly coded for grant reimbursement and submitted by deadline.
- Assist with grant preparation, monthly rental check generation, and manual check mailings and processes.
- Create bi-weekly report of real estate comparisons.
- Assist with copying and collating such as assembling grant submission packets, volunteer packets, etc.
- Greet visiting upstairs or downstairs guests and vendors, directing them to the appropriate party and offering referral information to those without an appointment who are requesting other services
- Set up meetings (including ordering food for guests and staff) in the conference room by configuring tables and chairs, preparing A-V equipment and refreshments, keeping the area tidy, and stocked.
- Recording and organizing the master schedule of meetings both in outlook and on the physical calendar.
- Answer and direct phone calls and voicemails to their proper extension, while providing callers with accurate and appropriate information
- Train front desk volunteers on customer service policies and procedures, answering phones, answering the door, intake of donations, individuals/families requesting and needing services.
- Sending staff reminders: time card submissions, All Team reporting and department updates.
- Fleet vehicles – including monthly mileage totals, preparing monthly Lyft report and scheduling and facilitating vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Keep downstairs organized and stocked (including conference room, lobby, restrooms, staff kitchen and supply areas)
- Works with Inventory and Data Assistant to coordinate, schedule and receive donations – including: unboxing, counting shifting inventory, moving donations up and down stairs, electronic input and providing receipts to donors if requested.
- Monitor additional email accounts and respond to donors or vendors as needed.
- Creates and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for administrative processes.
- Oversees Holiday Giving Sponsor Program.
- Basic IT troubleshooting and tracking of tech supplies.
- Orders and maintain program team cell phones, photo id badges and business cards.
- Submits work orders for IT and building maintenance.
- Creates monthly PowerPoint for All Team Meeting.
- Process donated vehicles.
- Monitors building cameras to ensure safety of clients and staff
- Administration/clerical work as requested
- Handles sensitive information with confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Must meet Safe Haven’s core values: strive for excellence, serve with compassion, never stop learning, embrace inclusion, cultivate collaboration, communicate with integrity
- At least 3 years’ administrative experience in any of the following areas: office management, project management, event planning, or related experience
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation (“customers” include staff, volunteers, board members, and clients)
- Strong computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work Environment: Office setting.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, lift and carry boxes, product inventory, and other donations up to a minimum of 4 hours per day, or more if needed
- Ability to drive 15 passenger van
- Walking, bending, lifting up to 40 lbs.
- 100% Employer-paid health and dental for individuals ($6,000 value for employee enrolled in individual plan)
- Additional discounted family coverage available as well (Up to $11,500 value for employee enrolled in family plan)
- 18 PTO Days plus 8 sabbatical days annually
- 16 Paid Holidays annually
- Paid parental/family leave
- 401K Plan (with 5% employer match)
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Voluntary vision and life insurance
How to Apply
To apply, please click this link and then click “Apply for this position.” Here you will have the opportunity to upload a resume and cover letter.
In creating your cover letter please carefully follow these instructions. The cover letter should speak specifically to your interest in this particular position, and discuss how you meet the position key requirements: strong initiative; excellent multi-tasking skills; good computer skills; and strong organization. (Please do not upload a generic cover letter. We are interested in knowing your specific interest and fit for this position.)
No phone calls please.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: August 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 40,000 - 45,000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am - 5pm, Some Flexibility Required