Administrative Assistant – Discover/Send and Connect
Tennessee Conference of the United Methodist Church
Background: The Tennessee Conference of the United Methodist Church and the Memphis Conference of the United Methodist Church will form the new Tennessee-Western Kentucky (TWK) Conference of the United Methodist Church on January 1, 2022. This new position will provide administrative support to the Ministry Associate – Discover/Send and Connect position. We are looking to fill this position by February 1, 2022. The conference’s mission is to discover, equip, connect, and send lay and clergy leaders who shape congregations that offer Christ to a hurting world, one neighborhood at a time.
Summary of the position: The Administrative Assistant – Discover/Send and Connect supports the work of the Ministry Associate – Discover/Send and Connect and works with ministry teams in the Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference, as well as the ministries supported by the Discover/Send and Connect Strategy Teams.
- Provides administrative support, such as coordinating schedules, written reports, taking meeting notes/minutes, meeting arrangements, data management, and basic financial/accounting assistance with reports and budgets.
- Provides administrative support for the Discover/Send and Connect Strategy Teams, which relates to several ministries.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
Non-essential Functions: May be required to support the work of other conference leaders, as directed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, computer etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with the public and other co-workers on business related questions. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. The employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items weighing up to 25 pounds. Minimal travel to other conference locations in middle or west Tennessee and western Kentucky may be required. Ability to work remotely with dependable internet access and in the office in a hybrid work environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Team mindset: Ability to be a team player and work collaboratively; has a commitment to build relationships with the Discover/Send and Connect Team and staff.
- Interpersonal Skills: Capacity to work collegially and develop rapport with a wide diverse, variety of individuals and groups.
- Helping/Customer Service Orientation: Demonstrate concern for, attend to the needs of, provide resources for the work of the Ministry Associate – Discover/Send & Connect, associated boards, both internal and external to the conference. Provides a high level of hospitality at meetings and through communication.
- Mission Mindset: Committed to the mission and ministry of the United Methodist Church; commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the TWK Conference (https://twkumc.org/mission-vision-and-values/); United Methodist background preferred.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, clearly deliver messages in a tone appropriate to the context. Able to speak in a public forum.
- Organizational/Time Management Skills: High ability to prioritize tasks and processes. Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple tasks and projects. Effective and efficient use of time, talent and resources. Attention to detail in the midst of supporting multiple projects and timelines.
- Computer Savvy: Proficient in the use of computers, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite. Willing to learn new programs and tools.
- Dependability: Able to meet deadlines and be reliable.
- Maintain confidentiality: Commitment to complete confidentiality and high degree of integrity.
- Faith: Evidence of intentional discipleship and faith in Jesus Christ.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required with at least three years’ work experience in an office setting.
Work Schedule, Number of Hours, & Compensation:
- Full-time, typically Monday through Friday, very occasional weekend work may be necessary.
- Must be able to work in a hybrid work environment – both remotely or in the conference center office in Nashville.
- Wage range $19.23/hr to $22/hr ($40,000-$45,760 annually) based on particular skills and special knowledge.
- Full–time employees are eligible for medical/dental/vision insurance on day one.
- Full-time employees are eligible for 403(b) retirement savings plan on day one with a generous employer match of up to a 12% for an employee contribution of 3%.
- Vacation time and paid holidays.
- Professional, team environment.
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure:
Qualified applicants, please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com and specify that you are applying for Administrative Assistant- Discover/Send and Connect position. Deadline for submission: Tuesday, January 4, 2022. Job contingent on successful completion of references and background check.
- Date Posted: December 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 02/01/2022
- Salary Range: $40,000-$45,760 annually
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm