Disability Rights Tennessee
Disability Rights Tennessee
Disability Rights Tennessee seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant who will support our agency from the Nashville Office. Ideal candidates possess experience working with disability populations, legal settings, or experience in grant funded non-profit settings.
Who We Are
Disability Rights Tennessee (DRT) is a non-profit organization with the mission of protecting the rights of Tennesseans with disabilities. DRT was founded in 1978 and as of today has served over 55,000 Tennesseans with disabilities. DRT provides legal advocacy services and other kinds of assistance to people with disabilities across the state with numerous issues, including employment discrimination, safety in schools, abuse and neglect, and access to community resources and services.
The Administrative Assistant will perform activities to support agency teams. Activities may include:
- Processing correspondence including mail, faxes, and emails.
- Sending correspondence for agency team members
- Ensuring Nashville office equipment is operational.
- Maintaining the Nashville office space
- Facilitating scheduling of the Nashville conference room and shared office spaces
- Maintaining agency minutes
- Processing intake call information into the agency database
To be successful in this job, you must possess these values, skills, and abilities:
- commitment to increasing knowledge of the disability community.
- dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- proficiency with computers and word processing software
- working knowledge of office equipment
- strong organizational and time management skills
- attention to detail.
- ability to seek clarification and complete task independently.
- strong oral and written communication skills
- sound professional judgment
- ability to work well in teams.
- professional personal presentation
Education requirements are flexible. A college degree is preferred; however, experience will always be considered in lieu of a degree.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of DRT’s mission, values, and daily practice. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds to join our team including but not limited to candidates with disabilities, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, professionals from various generations, and veterans.
The position is part-time (20 hours a week). Based on job requirements, in-office work will be required for the position and remote work will be allowed based on job requirements. The role may rarely require travel.
The base pay for this position is $25/hr. Exact pay depends on experience and skills. This position includes paid leave.
How to Apply
If this seems like you, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: September 22, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $25.00