McNeilly Center for Children
McNeilly Center for Children
If you’re passionate about positively impacting the lives of others and making connections in the world of early childhood education, the Administrative Assistant role might be for you! McNeilly’s research-based curriculum, center accreditation process, and talented teaching staff, the Administrative Assistant role is assisting in changing the world one milestone at a time. Administrative Assistant builds relationships with parents and community leaders on the incredible value of early childhood education and how we build strong foundations to give healthy starts.
The Administrative Assistant should possess outstanding relationship, clerical, and organization skills and have a calling for working with children and families. S/he must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to work collaboratively with educators/staff, parents, and community members. This full-time, full-year position is part of the management team of McNeilly Center for Children and reports to the Executive Director.
- Meet and greet children, families, and visitors on arrival. Inform appropriate staff of visitors.
- Monitor the security of the center indoors and outdoors.
- Monitor door entry, screen visitors according to visitor protocol, and keep the door locked except during the busiest drop-off times.
- Organize, monitor, clean, and maintain the reception area.
- Maintain both bulletin boards in a common area as directed by management.
- Relay and enforce agency policies as it relates to the safety of children, families, and staff according to DHS regulations and agency policies. Defer to management staff as needed.
- Answer telephones and transfer them to the appropriate staff member.
- Manage agency email and contact lists.
- Manage daily mail and deliver to the appropriate office.
- Manage sign-in-out daily sheets and EAV spreadsheet.
- Inventory, order, and organize office supplies.
- Create and modify documents/spreadsheets using Microsoft Office.
- Photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing as needed for management support.
- Management of photocopier supplies.
- Maintain a hard copy of employee forms and electronic filing system.
- Provide receptionist orientation for cover or substitute employees.
- Attend training.
- Other duties as assigned.
HS Diploma. Some College preferred
Experience as receptionist preferred; ECE experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and pleasant customer relations skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and accuracy
- Must clear a full background check and must pass a health screening.
We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. Retirement, reduced childcare
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: August 21, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: $13.00-$16.00 per hour
- Working Hours: M-F 8:30 am-5:30 pm