West End United Methodist Church
West End United Methodist Church
West End United Methodist Church is a thriving, inclusive congregation who believes that God loves everyone unconditionally. Members practice their faith by engaging with small groups, supporting outreach ministries, and advocating for social justice. We have a strong local and online presence; and our building is equipped with current technology to support multiple modes of communication.
We are seeking a full-time administrative assistant to support our ministry areas of worship, music, communications, and property. Duties include creating bulletins for services, assisting staff on the use of Realm, coordinating the use of church space with partner organizations, and creating newsletters.
This is a non-exempt full-time position with benefits. 40hrs/week, Monday-Friday. A hybrid schedule will be considered; however, candidates must be able to work on site 2-3 days/week including Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Creating bulletins and scripts for Sunday and special services
- Coordinating meetings and events with partner organizations
- Learning how to utilize Realm and teach other staff members
- Printing, cutting, and hanging posters
- Creating programs for music concerns
- Covering main phone as needed
- Solid interpersonal skills using tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Ability to shift between changing priorities, working with accuracy and speed
- Ability to listen, learn and communicate effectively
- Focus, discipline and ability to self-direct work with minimal direct supervision
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Word and Publisher) and Outlook with speedy and accurate data input skills
- Good written communication skills (ex. grammar, spelling)
- Model teamwork and cooperative decision-making in work with staff
- Database management (ex.Realm-Church Membership Directory Database)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Prior administrative experience is required
- Light physical activity performing, non-strenuous daily tasks of an administrative nature with moderate noise. Well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Physical Demands: To coordinate work, ability to sit for long periods of time, able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms (occasionally overhead), stoop, kneel, talk to and hear staff and visitor requests, and also occasionally lifts or carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature, using close vision with moderate noise.
- Continuous work on a computer to carry out daily tasks.
- Ability to use general office equipment to include but not limited to using a multi-line phone system, a multi-function copier, automated folding machine, multifunction printer, fax machine, and postage machine.
- Medical insurance
- Long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
How to Apply
Please apply on our website at https://www.westendumc.org/employment-at-west-end-umc
The deadline to apply is March 3, 2023.
West End UMC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: February 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 03/07/2023
- Salary Range: 16.75-19.75/hr
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; Mon-Fri