Safe Haven Family Shelter
Safe Haven Family Shelter
Perform general duties of customer service, staff support, and administration. Support families in Safe Haven programs, families in need requesting services, donors, volunteers, board members, and staff. Requires ability to multi-task, excellent attention to detail, and a strong customer service orientation.
- Assist with grant preparation, monthly rental check generation, and credit card reconciliation
- Assist with copying and collating such as assembling grant submission packets, volunteer packets, etc.
- Answer and direct phone calls to their proper extension, while providing callers with accurate and appropriate information
- Greet visiting upstairs or downstairs guests, directing them to the appropriate party and offering referral information to those without an appointment who are requesting other services
- Set up meetings in the conference room by configuring tables and chairs, preparing A-V equipment and refreshments, keeping the area tidy, and recording and organizing the master schedule of meetings
- Keep downstairs tidy and stocked (this includes conference room, lobby, bathrooms, staff kitchen, and administration area)
- Work with Inventory and Data Assistant to coordinate intake of donations into inventory
- Meet vendors and direct to appropriate area
- Train front desk volunteers on customer service policies and procedures, answering phones, answering the door, intake of donations, individuals/families requesting and needing services
- Assist with the monthly Lunch and Learn events
- Monitors building cameras to ensure safety of clients and staff
- Light administration/clerical work as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Must meet Safe Haven’s core values: strive for excellence, serve with compassion, never stop learning, embrace inclusion, cultivate collaboration, communicate with integrity
- At least 3 years administrative experience in any of the following areas: office management, project management, event planning, or related experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation (“customers” include staff, volunteers, board members, and clients)
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work Environment: Office setting.
- Must be able to sit / stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 25 lbs.
$13-$16 per hour based on experience and skills; PTO and Holiday benefits
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: https://safe-haven-family-shelter.prismhr-hire.com/job/189777/administrative-assistant and click on the link “Apply for this position.” Here you will have the opportunity to upload a resume and cover letter.
In creating your cover letter please carefully follow these instructions. The cover letter should speak specifically to your interest in this particular position, and discuss how you meet the position’s key skills: ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects, excellent organization skills, strong attention to detail, strong customer service orientation, and good computer skills. (Please do not upload a generic cover letter. We are interested in knowing your specific interest and fit for this position.)
No phone calls please.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: May 20, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $13-$16/hour
- Working Hours: 3 days per week, 8:00-5:00, with some flexibility required.