Administration & Development Associate
Global Sanctuary for Elephants
Global Sanctuary for Elephants, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, is seeking an experienced Administrative and Development Associate to support of our mission, protecting, rescuing and providing sanctuary for elephants worldwide, and our pilot project – Elephant Sanctuary Brazil.
Honoring the integrity of sanctuary and the spirit of the elephants we strive to support requires each and every function to be carried out with the highest level of diligence and respect. Just as we believe that Every Elephant Matters, we know that every voice, every positive action, and every job performed is fundamental to bringing joy and returning the smiles to each precious elephant we are blessed to know.
Administrative and Development Associate duties include:
• Retrieving donations and mail from the Brentwood, TN PO Box.
- Manage weekly bank deposits.
- Maintaining donor database: entering/updating constituent profile, donations, and in-kind gifts.
- Generate donor database reports for mailings, donations, bank deposits, board reports, and the annual audit and 990 preparations.
- Assist with responding to volunteer and press inquiries as well as scheduling of group presentations.
- Maintain a cloud-based document management system.
- Assist with tracking of national solicitation permit and annual report renewals.
- Reconciling Quickbooks/bank statements /donor database reports monthly.
- Other development, admin, and community relations activities as needed.
Experience Requirements include:
- 2-3 Years of development/administrative experience in a nonprofit setting -animal welfare field knowledge or experience a plus.
- Experience with donor database systems, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Mailchimp, and cloud-based application processes such as google docs, dropbox, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills. Requires a communication and writing style that is professional while also expressing the passion and compassion inherent to GSE’s mission
- Ability to work under stressful deadlines and juggle multiple grant projects with flexibility to work weekdays, evenings, and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to collaborate with staff and board while working remotely in the Middle TN area.
This part-time, remote position offers a flexible work schedule (requires some availability to work between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Mon-Fri) and has the potential to increase both hours and responsibilities depending on the skills of the individual and the growing needs of the organization.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jill Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: June 24, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Working Hours: 20 per week