Moves and Grooves, Inc.
Admin Assistant, part time/remote
Moves and Grooves, Inc.
POSITION: Admin Assistant (part time 20-25 hours per week) REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Non-Exempt SUPERVISES: N/A
Moves & Grooves, Inc. is a non-profit organization that is committed to enhancing the lives of at-risk youth through arts and education within the Metro Nashville area.
Our Mission, is to enhance the academic achievement of children through creative arts programs.
Our Vision, is for Moves & Grooves to serve as the premier center of performing arts for at-risk youth in the Metropolitan Nashville area.
Our Purpose, is to develop youth who are not only passionate about their communities, but are also connected and committed to a lifestyle of continuous learning, unwavering moral character, solid core values and exceptional standards
The part-time Admin Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Their primary function will be to provide support to our Executive Director, assisting in daily administration needs of other department heads, and managing our company’s general administrative activities. Hours are 10:00 am- 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with occasional special projects/events on Saturdays. Schedule will be adjusted by director if Saturday work is required.
The part-time Admin Assistant reports to the Executive Director with Moves and Grooves. This is currently a remote position where the candidate works from home but must be accessible to the Nashville, TN area by having reliable transportation to various meeting locations, when needed. Location will change to an in-office position once the company moves into a permanent location in Antioch, TN.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Admin Assistant will:
- Manage and schedule Executive Director’s calendar
- Take meeting and call notes for the benefit of Executive Director, follow up as needed
- Ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally and maintain professional image for in-person and online meetings
- Take photos of student interactions and special events to use for web and print promotion
- Respond to incoming calls and direct to appropriate managers/directors
- Reserve space in community for meetings and performances
- Maintain office equipment including computers, copier, fax, telephones, etc.
- Organize, maintain, and replenish inventory and office supplies, distributes mail
- Compile, prepare and email documents for Board meetings (agendas, reports, etc.)
- Prep conference room/meeting location for BOD meetings.
- Assist with preparing documents for meetings, trainings, and other meetings
- Assist with securing locations for BOD Meetings, conferences, trainings, and special events
- May run occasional work-related errands (company vehicle provided)
- Mail out end-of-year tax letters by January 15 of following year
- Enter prospective donor info into Donor Search (ex, Book of Lists, Publications, etc.)
- Enter check info received into Donor Perfect, provide physical checks to Business Director
- Assist other departments as needed (end of year mail campaigns, special projects, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Some college education, preferred
- Social Media experience, preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an administrative assistant
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong administrative support and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Practice effective team behavior and demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships.
- Reliable transportation
- Competitive pay
- Work from Home
- CPR/First Aid paid training
- 401k after 3 months of employment; Company match at 1 year*
- Professional development reimbursement after 1 year of service*
- Paid holidays after 3 months of employment
- Positive work environment
- No school = no work (days off when school’s out of session, excluding required training days)
- Warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing you’re making a difference in the life of the youth we serve
*Company matches .25 on the $1, up to 3%.
** Must be pre-approved job-related trainings, submit completion certificate and receipt
How to Apply
Send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line- Admin Assistant
- Date Posted: January 25, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/01/2023
- Salary Range: DOE
- Working Hours: M-F 10am-3pm