FiftyForward seeks candidates for full-time position of Adult Day Services Activity Coordinator position.
The FiftyForward Adult Day Services (ADS) program provides exceptional social-model, adult day programming for adults 50 and older who benefit from a safe, structured and engaging weekday program. ADS is designed to assist participants who have cognitive, mental health and/or physical considerations in maintaining or improving their functional abilities and in building meaningful and rewarding social connections.
The Adult Day Services Activity Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating a wide range of daily activities for program participants. The Activity Coordinator is part of an energetic and dynamic team which collaborates in program delivery. This position has an emphasis on active development and delivery of daily programming to meet program requirements and optimize program efficiency and participant experience.
Other important things to know:
- Position is non-exempt; full-time at 40 hours per week, typical schedule will be 7:30am to 4pm
- Must have (or be able to obtain) an F endorsement on driver’s license and be able periodically to drive ADS vehicles (15 passenger bus and 11 passenger van)
- Must be able to pass background check and fingerprint clearance related to Department of Human Services program licensing
The successful candidate will have:
- passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to mission, values, and goals of FiftyForward
- ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, participants, caregivers, volunteers, community partners and the public
- ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- experience with and demonstrated competency and efficiency in using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel
- openness to change and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment by juggling a variety of tasks efficiently
- experience working with and a passion for serving older adults, preferred experience working with individuals with dementia and/or mental illness
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy, Social Work, or a related field. High school diploma or Associate’s degree with extensive experience with older adults in a similar role may be considered.
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays (including one week at Christmas)
- Full benefits package offered including health, dental and vision
How to Apply
Go to FiftyForward’s employment page to find out more and to apply online.
- Date Posted: November 23, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/04/2021
- Salary Range: 16.00
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F; 7:30 am - 4:00 pm