FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for an Activity Coordinator in our FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services program. This is a full-time position with regular weekday hours, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm.
In this role, you will implement and evaluate daily program activities according to the mission and goals of FiftyForward, Adult Day Services standards, the needs of the individual participants and within licensure and funder expectations. This position has primary, on-site responsibility for adherence to licensing standards. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to quickly learn our mission, being able to flex between working independently and within a team, and most importantly, a passion for service to older adults.
- Plan, implement and evaluate activities in the daily program in order to fulfill the requirements of individual treatment plans which include crafts, recreation/social activities, health/physical exercise.
- Maintain activity calendar and has activities ready to implement (supplies purchased, lesson plans or kits prepared) for a minimum of two weeks in advance. Engage in research and long-term planning to ensure activities are relevant and adhere to best practice in service provision for older adults with cognitive and/or physical impairments.
- Collaborate with organizations, agencies, and other community groups to meet the needs of participants.
- Drive ADS vehicles including a 15-passenger bus and 11 passenger van for program activities. Assist program participants on and off vehicle.
- Provide task supervision for student interns, assistants, and volunteers in activities with ADS participants.
- Assist with movement and supervision of participants in various activities within and outside of the building.
- Prep and serves breakfast, lunch, and snack for participants.
- When FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services Director is not present on site, act as Assistant Director and ensure all licensing regulations are followed.
- Collaborate with FiftyForward Knowles Center staff to plan and implement collaborative programming.
- Provide tours and describes the program to prospective participants and families and provides referral information to the ADS Director for follow-up.
- Complete and submits accurate documentation in a timely manner, including in the Penelope database system.
- Assist with program recordkeeping and completion of program requirements, reports, and participant paperwork to meet program requirements and deadlines and to ensure effective flow of the day in the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and interest in crafts, recreational, social, and educational activities suitable for older adults.
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal/written).
- Excellent detail and problem-solving skills.
- Open to constructive feedback, and creative dialogue with FiftyForward Management Team.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, members, volunteers, vendors, and guests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy, Social Work, or related field. Associate degree or high school diploma with extensive experience with older adults in a similar role may be considered.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with active older adults and caregivers; working with individuals with dementia and/or mental illness preferred.
- Experience using desktop and/or laptop computer, MS Office 365, multi-user copier/scanner, and multi-line telecommunications system.
- Must be First-Aid/CPR and ServSafe-certified or willing to obtain certification.
- Ability to bend, stoop, push, pull, stand for long periods, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds.
- A valid TN driver’s license with F endorsement, good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care, Life, AD&D, and FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all FiftyForward centers
- Community involvement
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: March 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm