Activity Assistant, Adult Day Services
FiftyForward seeks candidates interested in learning and growing with FiftyForward as the full-time Adult Day Services Activity Assistant.
FiftyForward’s mission is to support, champion and enhance life for those 50 and older. Established in 1956, we are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults. At FiftyForward, we see and celebrate the differences in every person. Together, we are creating a responsive community that is open, engaged, and accepting of all.
The FiftyForward Adult Day Services program provides exceptional social-model, adult day programming for adults 50 and older who benefit from a safe, structured and engaging weekday program. ADS is designed to assist participants who have cognitive, mental health and/or physical considerations in maintaining or improving their functional abilities and in building meaningful and rewarding social connections.
The Adult Day Services Activity Assistant participates in planning, implementing and evaluating a wide range of daily activities for program participants. The Activity Assistant is part of an energetic and dynamic team which collaborates in program delivery. This position has an emphasis on active engagement and support of participants and delivery of daily programming to meet program requirements and optimize program efficiency and participant experience.
The successful candidate will have:
- passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to mission, values, and goals of FiftyForward
- ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, participants, caregivers, volunteers, community partners and the public
- ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- experience working in, and manipulating data in, computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- openness to change and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment by juggling a variety of tasks efficiently
- experience working with and a passion for serving older adults, preferred experience working with individuals with dementia and/or mental illness
- High school diploma or equivalent education
Additional information you should know:
- Position is non-exempt; full-time @ 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- Must have (or be able to obtain) an F endorsement on driver’s license and be able to drive ADS vehicles (15 passenger bus and 11 passenger van).
- Must be able to pass background check and fingerprint clearance related to Department of Human Services program licensing.
Full benefits package available including:
health, dental and vision
Generous vacation and sick leave package
How to Apply
Apply online at FiftyForward.org/employment/.
- Date Posted: March 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/01/2021
- Salary Range: 15.00 an hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm