Activity Assistant – Adult Day Services
FiftyForward is currently seeking two energetic and mission focused candidates interested in joining our team as full-time Adult Day Services Activity Assistants.
FiftyForward is about strengthening our community of older adults 50 plus in Middle TN. Every day our team works collaboratively to create innovative programming and services, community partnerships, and equitable access to resources that support, champion, and enhance life for those 50 and older. During the pandemic FiftyForward delivered over 27,000 meals, made over 10,700 telephonic and socially distanced in-person contacts, and hosted over 400 virtual programs to engage older adults and combat social isolation and food insecurity. If you desire to have an impact in your community then join FiftyForward’s team now!
The FiftyForward Adult Day Services program provides exceptional social-model, adult day programming for adults 50 and older who benefit from a safe, structured and engaging weekday program. ADS is designed to assist participants who have cognitive, mental health and/or physical considerations in maintaining or improving their functional abilities and in building meaningful and rewarding social connections.
The Activity Assistant is part of an energetic and dynamic team which collaborates in program delivery. This position has an emphasis on active engagement and support of participants and their daily needs and delivery of programming to meet program requirements and optimize program efficiency and participant experience.
Additional information you should know:
• Position is non-exempt; full-time @ 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
• Pay is $15.00 an hour
• In collaboration with the Activity Coordinator, plans, implements, and evaluates daily program activities
• Monitors, encourages, assists and leads program participants
• Assists with recordkeeping and maintaining program compliance
The successful candidate will have:
• Proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID unless an accommodation is required by law
• A passion for serving people and a willingness to embrace the mission of FiftyForward
• Desire to support equity and inclusion of all individuals
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, participants, caregivers, volunteers, community partners and the public
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience and efficiency with using computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proven ability to be open to change and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment by juggling a variety of tasks efficiently
• Experience working with and a passion for serving and caring for older adults, preferred experience working with caregiving for individuals with dementia and/or mental illness
• High school diploma or equivalent education
• Must have (or be able to obtain) an F endorsement on driver’s license and be able to drive 15 passenger bus and 11 passenger van
• Must be able to pass background check and fingerprint clearance related to Department of Human Services program licensing
Full-time benefits package available including:
• Health, dental and vision
• Life insurance and long term disability
• Eligible to participate in retirement plan
• Paid holidays including one full week at Christmas
• Generous vacation and sick leave package
How to Apply
To apply go to FiftyForward’s Careers Page.
- Date Posted: September 8, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 15.00
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm