Accounts Receivable Generalist
The A/R generalist supports Cumberland Heights’ mission of providing the highest quality care possible in a cost-effective manner for persons and families who are at risk for or who are suffering from the disease of chemical dependency. Treatment encompasses the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions of recovery by offering a safe, loving and healing environment, combining professional excellence and the principles of the Twelve Steps.
The A/R Generalist functions in a variety of A/R positions. A primary responsibility is to key charges, payments and adjustments. Another primary function is to scan documents for a variety of departments. This position acts as a support position to the self pay and insurance collectors for a variety of functions. Finally, this position also works toward collection of outstanding A/R both on CHPA and the Treatment Center as directed by the Collections coordinator.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Keys payments, adjustments, and charges with a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintains batch files for reference and auditing purposes.
- Audits credit card draft bi-monthly.
- Processes credit card refunds weekly.
- Scans patient information.
- Creates collections packets.
- Prepares and mails collection letters.
- Perform day end and month end processing.
- Processes monthly statements and finance charges.
- Keys physician charges and audits the physician reports.
- Work ADC and Census by Gender report daily.
- Supports the Self Pay Collector with running monthly & bi-monthly bank drafts and online payments.
- Coverage support at Cumberland Heights Community Recovery.
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Ensures proper handling and distribution of company funds.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Coordinator/Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or college experience is required; a minimum of two (2) years collections or other Accounts Receivable experience preferred; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities.
Ability to speak, hear, see and sit; ability to speak, read and write in English; good problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills; good written and oral communication skills; excellent customer service skills; ability to work collaboratively with clients; excel in computing skills including keyboarding, using office based programs and ten key calculations. If recovering, two years of verifiable abstinence required with active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step program preferred.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position may be exposed to persons who are chemically impaired and/or volatile and require additional safety precautions. Hours may vary according to specific position and may involve evening work, as well as travel to other organization sites.
Discussed during interview
How to Apply
Visit our website at cumberlandheights.org to apply
- Date Posted: December 10, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)