Tennessee Charitable Care Network
Tennessee Charitable Care Network
Tennessee Charitable Care Network (TCCN) is Tennessee’s network of non-profit clinics and programs providing free or reduced cost health care services to those in need. We exist to support the work of our members through education, advocacy, funding, and networking.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for a variety of grant and general accounting activities including transaction postings, reconciliations, documentation review, and reporting. This position will start at 25 hrs/wk with the possibility of becoming full time. The Accounting Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Operations and will work remotely.
TCCN is an equal opportunity employer. TCCN does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TCCN is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Verifies monthly invoices from sub-awardees grant reimbursements. Ensure that only allowable expenses are included in the invoice and that supporting documentation is provided.
- Prepares monthly bills for federal and state, compiles documents substantiating request for reimbursements.
- Ensure that only allowable expenses are included in the invoices and that supporting documentation is provided.
- Verifies, allocates and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed.
- Process accounts payable on a weekly basis including obtaining W-9s, reviewing coding, and verifying proper approval.
- Reconcile receipts with monthly credit card statements.
- Prepare ACH and manual check payments to vendors.
- Complete the monthly bank account reconciliations. Maintain accurate records and supporting documentation for all transactions.
- Assist processing payroll.
- Provides support scheduling and arranging meetings and completing any assigned follow-up.
- Provide support to TCCN staff and members and other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 3 years of combined experience in bookkeeping, financial and administrative support.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret federal or state regulatory grant language.
- Proficient in QuickBooks Pro desktop version.
- Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Solid computer skills, extensive knowledge of MS Office specially Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Space for a home office with internet connectivity as employees work remotely.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with all staff, members, and partners.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, assertive, and self-motivated requiring little supervision to complete tasks.
TCCN offers 15 days of paid time off and recognizes 11 holidays.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary and available start date to: email@example.com
Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: April 29, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 21.50 hr
- Working Hours: At least 25hrs/wk