The Next Door
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
This position is responsible for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable duties and assisting the Accounting Director and CEO with other clerical functions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Maintains donor confidentiality.
- Complete allocations of large invoices to various departments
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist the CEO with clerical functions.
- Maintain all contracts for organization and track renewal dates.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Business or Accounting degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years proven work experience in accounting required
Additional Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
- Organization skills
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
- Financial software knowledge
- Ability to analyze and process information
- Attention to detail
- Verbal/written communication Skills
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
Health insurance, Teledoc, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, PTO
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to apply.
- Date Posted: March 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: M-F