Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
POSITION SUMMARY: Briefly describe this position’s primary purpose or role.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Accounting Director, the Accounting Manager manages the general financial functions of the Chamber, the Chamber’s foundation, consolidated affiliates of the Chamber as well as non-consolidated affiliates. The Accounting Manager is responsible for all financial transaction processing, including accounts payable invoices, all general ledger entries and monthly management reporting. This position is responsible for assisting outside auditors with annual audits. The Accounting Manager also reviews general accounting data for accuracy and completeness.
Essential Functions: Essential functions should describe supervisory responsibilities and strategic planning responsibilities if applicable
- Maintain computerized accounting system, assist other staff with accounting questions and prepare computer-generated reports and statements.
- Responsible for financial transactions, including revenues, expenses, and the allocation of overhead and administrative costs.
- Maintain accurate records and supporting documentation for all transactions.
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly billings to affiliates for reimbursement to Chamber for expenses paid by the Chamber on behalf of the affiliate.
- Coordinate with external auditors and other regulatory bodies as it relates to audits for the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Nashville Area Public Benefit Foundation.
- Process accounts payable on a weekly basis including reviewing for proper coding, verifying proper approval, reviewing employee expense reports, posting to the general ledger and maintaining accurate vendor tax IDs to ensure all vendors are correctly paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain vendor records in accounting system including processing of 1099’s at year end.
- Responsible for the cash receipts function, including reviewing for proper coding, posting to the general ledger and reconciliation of general ledger to Atlas, the Chamber’s CRM.
- Work with clients on correcting declined credit card information; repost payments.
- Record payroll-related costs to the appropriate general ledger.
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll information and financial records.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports and periodic forecasts.
- Prepare and/or assist in preparing various filings required by government agencies.
- Prepares property tax returns and business tax statements annually.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets.
- Perform the Atlas database administrative function.
- Provide accurate financial information in response to inquiries from coworkers and members.
- Reconcile fixed asset records to the general ledger.
- Assist Member Relations as needed in processing membership dues invoices and maintain database for current member billing information to ensure dues are received promptly.
- Assist Investor Relations as needed in updating the Atlas database with Partnership investor information and maintaining the accuracy of scheduled payments for short-term and long-term planning, as well as recording related revenues, preparing invoices and correspondence relating to Partnership investors.
- Assist all other departments as needed in processing invoices to ensure timely payment.
- Prepare and record deposits into CRM database and communicate totals to applicable departments. Prepare/perform deposits for electronic depositing.
- Responsible for the accounting of PACs and other organizations supported by the Chamber.
- Record deposits, write checks and enter journal vouchers into accounting system.
- Create invoices as requested.
- KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- CPA license preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Requires a minimum of three-five years experience in general ledger accounting
- or auditing
- Experience with and ability to prepare monthly closing statements and year end closing statements
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Expertise in PC software and Excel spreadsheet applications
- Non-profit experience is preferred
- SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Strong & proven detail-orientation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communications skills
- ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential issues
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 401k, paid holidays and time off.
How to Apply
To apply to this position, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: May 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:00pm