Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society
The Accounting Clerk will perform a range of accounting and clerical tasks related to the accounts payable function. This includes receiving, processing, and verifying invoices, tracking and recording purchase orders, data entry, and processing payments, as well as communicating with vendors and providing support in report preparation as requested by the Director.
- Verify and process accounts payable, accounts receivable and employee expense reimbursements daily.
- Perform basic office tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail, filing, etc.
- Maintain database and ensure that records are complete and current.
- Record information, process, and file forms.
- Assist with preparation of checks, deposits, budgets, and financial reports.
- Assist with bank account and credit card reconciliations
- Update ledgers, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepares and submits invoices and reimbursement requests according to grant and contract specifications.
- Provide data entry and reporting information as needed in development activities.
- Abide by all company procedures and accounting principles.
- Respond appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests.
- Assist in ensuring Accounting Department runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide data entry and reporting information as needed in grant administration and development activities.
- Participate in internal committees, practice groups and other efforts to promote and improve Legal Aid Society’s operation.
- Attend to other duties as needed in the office and as requested by Executive Director or supervisor.
- Strong time management and priority setting skills.
- Personal sense of integrity.
- Ability to multitask and maintain an eye for detail.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and produce solid work products.
- Sensitive to and committed to providing high quality legal and advocacy services to low-income and elderly people, victims of abuse and crime, and diverse populations.
- Demonstrated interest in public interest and the problems of disadvantaged communities.
- Ability to relate to the needs of people of diverse backgrounds.
- 3-5 years of proven accounting experience preferred.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Strong typing and computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc), databases and accounting software. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) is a plus.
- Experience with spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Ability to follow directions and work with a team as well as independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers.
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks.
- Data entry and word processing skills.
- Well organized.
- High school degree.
- Associates degree or relevant certification is a plus.
Salary dependent upon experience. Comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers) in PDF format to our Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: re: Accounting Clerk position.
- Date Posted: July 27, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Other