Nashville CARES is a leading non-profit agency in Middle Tennessee looking to hire an Accounting Associate who is looking to make an impact in the community.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounts payable processes for the agency
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures
- Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies
- Prepare credit applications as needed
- Collect and process monthly mileage reports
- Prepare journal entries for accrued expenses
- Make bank deposits and record miscellaneous revenue
- Record interbank transactions
- Provide backup to the Grant and Contract Specialist to allow issuance of timely grant invoices
- Assist Accounting Manager in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Prepare special reports and complete special projects
- Associate’s Degree in accounting or relevant field
- Minimum 1-year experience as a junior accountant or 3-years as an AP clerk
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Good with numbers and figures, analytical acumen and attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and automobile liability insurance
- BS/BA in accounting or relevant field
- Experience with MIP software
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, long term disability insurance; short term disability insurance, group life insurance, voluntary life, accident insurance and critical insurance, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service), and 12 paid holidays.
Nashville CARES is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, and clients. We respect equity and inclusivity for all people and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person unique. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our communities.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk