TN Society of CPAs
TN Society of CPAs
The Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants is the state professional organization for certified public accountants who are principally employed or reside in Tennessee. The society’s membership is comprised of over 10,000 members in industry, government, business, education, and public accounting. With more than 100 years of service to the accounting profession, TSCPA acts on behalf of its members and provides support, enabling its members to perform quality professional services while serving the public interest. TSCPA offices are located at 201 Powell Place, Brentwood, TN 37027.
The Accounting Associate is responsible for day-to-day tasks including but not limited to deposits, accounts receivable invoicing, and accounts payable.
Full time, in office.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Prepare daily deposits for all TSCPA, Educational & Memorial Foundation, and PAC cash receipts
- Prepare all accounts receivable invoices for TSCPA and Educational & Memorial Foundation
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and send monthly statements
- Calculate monthly allocation of CPE usage of meeting center
- Code, enter, and cut checks/process ACH for all TSCPA and continuing professional education program accounts payable invoices
- Monitor MOA balances and send statements in accordance with established timeframes
- Code and enter monthly credit card transactions into accounting system, scan support, and reconcile credit card accounts
- Enter and code all ACH payments made via bank draft
- Process refunds for membership dues and CPE course cancellations
- Assist with the preparation of 1099s
- Send links to AICPA’s Professional Ethics Exam to registrants
- Assist in preparation of supporting documentation for annual audit
- Ensure that all accounting files are properly maintained in accordance with established record retention schedule
Other Administrative Tasks:
- Serve as back up for front desk receptionist during lunch hour or during periods of PTO
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
- Basic accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred.
TSCPA offers a competitive and generous benefits package
How to Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Jim Layman, COO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: June 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 07/06/2021
- Working Hours: 8:00am - 5pm