Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Working closely with the Director of Accounting, the Accounting Associate is responsible for daily accounting processes, accounts payables and administrative support. All tasks are to be performed with 95-100% accuracy.
- Prepare deposit daily, making certain to always secure cash and checks.
- Reconcile daily cash receipts to transaction reports for multiple points of sale including guest services, gift shops, and the accounting software system.
- Copy and scan all checks and other supporting documentation received and distribute to appropriate departments using SharePoint.
- Maintain orderly, accurate, and complete daily deposit/cash receipts digital folders that contains support for cash receipts and the related transactions reports for reconciliation.
- Prepare Daily Deposit packets for Director of Accounting.
- Assist Director of Accounting with cash related Month End Close task
- Maintain confidentiality of records at all times.
- Timely processing of all accounts payables to assure payments are made to avoid late fees and in accordance with Cheekwood policy.
- Obtain W-9s from all vendors assuring W-9 data is included in the electronic vendor record within accounting software.
- Maintain W-9 reference file and update with current W-9s as needed.
- Obtain COIs from all vendors that will perform on campus activities.
- Maintain COI reference file and update with current COIs as needed; ensure COI file is up to date at all times.
- Receive Invoices, organize in SharePoint according to department, and distribute to departments for coding and approvals.
- Receive PAs and/or Invoices, verifying appropriate approvals and coding, organize in SharePoint according to department setup (open invoice, paid invoices, etc.)
- Ensure invoices are entered in a timely manner and in the correct period for the time the good or service was delivered; being cognizant of month-end cutoff.
- Verify coding to accurate general ledger, department, project codes and once verified post entries.
- Check all statements to ensure all invoices are entered into the accounting software and contact vendor and/or department for any missing invoices.
- Maintain orderly vendor classified AP files with all digital support attached including emails, receipts, and corresponding schedules.
- Follow-up with any departments for month end close to ensure that all expenses are entered.
- Maintain and organize the Accounts Payable Master Spreadsheet communicating any invoice payment issues and/or department approval issues to CFO.
- Process check-runs in coordination with the Director of Accounting and / or CFO
- Recognizing capital expense invoices and coding and maintaining the Capital Expense SharePoint files
- Assisting with credit application request upon CFO approval of such request
- Support Cheekwood departments with invoice information and field vendor request
- Support Cheekwood departments with SharePoint training and best practices as needed.
- Implement a purchase order system for projects exceeding a certain dollar threshold.
- Maintain knowledge of the accounting system, and other systems as necessary, for reporting and transaction confirmation purposes.
- Communicate with departments regarding deposit questions and research any issues.
- Support the Visitor Services Department and the CFO with attendance reporting.
- Maintain SharePoint files related to accounts payable, daily deposits, and projects.
- Learn Altru system for reporting and transaction confirmation purposes.
- Sort and manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Support Director of Accounting and CFO with annual financial statement and insurance audit
- Work on special projects as requested.
High school diploma or equivalent, business or accounting degree is preferred. Must have a good understanding of basic accounting principles related to accounts payable; non-profit accounting experience is preferred. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software; experience with Abila, Altru and FEXNT is preferred. Ability to manage multiple tasks; excellent organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail. This is a full-time position performed onsite.
Health, HRA, Dental & Vision Insurance
Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
403 (b) Annuity Plan or ROTH 403 (b)
10 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Please send letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer
- Date Posted: May 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 06/14/2021
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:30AM - 5:00PM