Accountant III – Grants
As an integral part of the Nashville CARES’ finance team, you will be responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and grant support services to meet the needs of the organization. Working closely with the program leads and finance team, grant accountant focuses on compliance, reporting and variance analysis functions, the actual vs. budget reporting, reviewing/monitoring of grants and transactions for compliance with all federal and non-federal requirements, billing and collections, journal entries, and financial grant reporting.
- Provide overall financial, grant compliance and project management support for programs funded through various foundation, federal, state and local sources.
- Perform month-end closing entries, grant invoices, reconciliations, accounts receivables/payable, reporting, internal controls, and audits as needed.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to donors as required.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
- Assist with cash flow forecasts for programs.
- Review invoices and provide account codes, when appropriate, for proper project accounting.
- Communicate monthly financial results to program staff, informing them of the financial position of the project and award balances.
- Assist in preparing budgets for new grants, renewals and revisions
- Support annual audit as well as grant/project audits.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements in accounting system procedures to ensure accurate application of accounting principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative/budgeting experience
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting theory and practices and GAAP
- Professional proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Automobile liability insurance and satisfactory DMV record.
- 2+ years’ experience in a non-profit organization
- MIP software experience
- CPA and/or MBA highly desirable
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include:
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for individuals with enhanced, buy-up plans available with employee contribution
- 27 Paid Time Off Days during first year of employment with increases annually based on length of service up to 37 days at 10 years of service
- 12 Paid Holidays Annually
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- 403b plan
- More . . .
How to Apply
- Date Posted: April 4, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk