Are you interested in working for an agency that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making a difference in our community? We are looking for a well-organized accountant I with strong critical thinking skills, and a solid technical background.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounts payable processes for the agency
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures
- Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies
- Prepare credit applications as needed
- Collect and process monthly mileage reports
- Prepare journal entries for accrued expenses
- Make bank deposits and record miscellaneous revenue
- Record interbank transactions
- Provide backup to the Grant and Contract Specialist to allow issuance of timely grant invoices
- Assist Accounting Manager in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Prepare special reports and complete special projects
- BS/BA in accounting or relevant field
- Minimum 1-year experience as a junior accountant or 3-years as an AP clerk
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Good with numbers and figures, analytical acumen and attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and automobile liability insurance
- Experience with MIP software
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, long term disability insurance; short term disability insurance, group life insurance, voluntary life, accident insurance and critical insurance, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service), and 12 paid holidays.
How to Apply
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
- Date Posted: June 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk