Community Helpers of Rutherford County
Community Helpers of Rutherford County
The job of the CHORC accountant is to manage finances on behalf of a CHORC. The primary responsibilities for this role include logging each donation and ensuring funds are used properly. Reconciliations of accounts payable and receivable, bank, and expense accounts. Oversee incoming donations, allocation of grant income and financial reporting to support grant and charitable applications. Participate in the development of financial policies and controls. Also responsible for completing tax documents and overseeing employee payroll
- Manage, monitor, and track grant income and disbursements to ensure distribution follows grant and non-profit charitable giving financial guidelines
- Record the details of deposits and spending transactions, review numbers for accuracy, file receipts and reports, closely monitor activities in banking accounts and prepare checks for distribution and deposit
- Manage recurring transactional tasks such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, along with monthly reconciliations, journal entries, and month-end close.
- Prepare payroll and calculate payroll taxes for each pay cycle; and prepare W-2’s and W-3’s as needed.
- Gather required statistical information and input client data as needed for verification and validation for fund approval, to support distribution of financial assistance.
- Pay monthly CHORC bills (rent, office supplies, etc.) and monitor on-site cash flow (petty cash management).
- Support the internal staff by ensuring timely reconciliation of restricted accounts and fund availability support distribution and allocation of funds.
- Maintain an organized general ledger and chart of accounts
- Ensure prompt and accurate monthly and annual closing of books
- Bank account and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare financial records to support annual audit, grant renewals and complete annual renewals of TN Charitable Organization and
- Registration, annual TN Charitable Solicitations, and quarterly Taxpayers Report and TN State Unemployment reports.
- Create reconciled monthly and quarterly financial reports for CHORC Board Treasurer approval, CHORC management and CHORC Board review.
- Collaborate with the Board Treasurer to create the CHORC budget and make sure expenditures fit within the spending boundaries set.
- Collaborate with management to come up with reasonable financial plans, approve and track spending, anticipate future financial needs, and create detailed reports.
- Other responsibilities that support the Director (related to the financial needs and opportunities of the organization).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred, or work experience
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred
- QuickBooks experience is required, QuickBooks Online experience is preferred moderate to advanced Microsoft Excel and other basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, email, and internet) required
- The ability to work independently
- This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Hours may vary but is initially expected to be approximately 18 to 24 hours per week
Paid major holidays, 1-week paid vacation after 1 years, then 2 weeks following.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please e-mail resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: August 5, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 09/01/2021
- Salary Range: 18,000.00
- Working Hours: 18-24, Tues.-Thurs. 8am-12, 1pm-4pm