United Way of Greater Nashville
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Account Manager contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville by building relationships through year-round engagement with investors, partners, advocates, and volunteers to increase funding for UWGN’s programs in the areas of Health, Education, and Financial Stability, which allows UWGN to continue its mission.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
Account Management Tasks:
- Plan, develop and execute successful workplace fundraising campaigns within Nashville corporations with the purpose of increasing campaign revenue and building a sustainable pipeline of giving.
- Develop and deliver your United Way elevator pitch based on the needs within your workplace portfolio
- Work collaboratively with other United Way departments
- Research current and potential donors to retain and grow revenue
- Strategically align corporate partners with United Way in a way that fits their corporate social responsibility needs
- Create, manage, and improve all aspects of the campaign; plan for each individual account and document the process
- Promote and motivate individuals within your portfolio to participate in volunteer opportunities and organization events
- Identify and sell additional product offerings such as Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, corporate sponsorships, corporate gifts and any additional products as they are incorporated into the workplace
- Be flexible to attend potential early/late campaign events and meetings
- Be flexible to attend ad-hoc campaign events based on the company needs
- Deliver presentations to explain who United Way is, what United Way does, and how United Way creates an impact in the community
- Work collaboratively with Senior Account manager on managing the SalesForce Philanthropy platform (SPC)
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline for SPC
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 3-5 years equivalent business, sales, non-profit development experience
- Sales: 2 years
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Familiarity with SalesForce is preferred, but not required.
- Deliver a dynamic message
- Work well in a team environment
- Obtain knowledge of a process and execute the strategy
- Written, verbal, and technological communication
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
- Brand Advocate: Conducts themselves in a manner that promotes integrity, trust and strong ethics, to protect the reputation and results of UWGN
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteer, advocate, and give
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships internally and externally through communication efforts with external funders, corporate partners, individual donors, community members, and organizational stakeholders in efforts to generate enthusiasm of UWGN’s work; demonstrates credibility in all interactions; and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts by understanding what motivates individuals and organizations to grow and sustain funding
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that capitalize on opportunities to build support for Finance, Health and Education, by developing relationships that drive results
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it; plan and deliver communication that makes an impact and persuades the audience.
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; requires knowledge of time management, setting priorities, and managing project plans
- Initiative and Self-motivation: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
- Stress Tolerance: Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis; Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance; Seeks support from others when necessary and uses appropriate coping techniques
- Team Work: Works collaboratively with other to achieve goals and objectives; continually tries to improve team effectiveness; hold self and others accountable for team performance; motivates and encourages all members to work together in order to achieve maximum results; Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals; effectively interacts with others
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated, working in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- **Note** This position is remote based tentatively though September 2021.
United Way of Greater Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive benefits and salaries.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: March 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/03/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm