Sexual Assault Center (SAC)
Accompaniment Advocate (Part-Time)
Sexual Assault Center (SAC)
An Accompaniment Advocate provides clinic coverage to respond to sexual assault victims seeking medical legal exams in Davidson County. This Advocate would also provide medical accompaniment, information, support, and resources to SAC clients. Their interactions revolve around greeting and responding to clients, offering assistance in documentation, gathering, and maintaining their personal information, and even communicating with the family or guardians. The Advocate is responsible for working directly with patients to discuss any questions or concerns that they may have.
• Participate in Medical Accompaniment Program by assuming clinic coverage responsibilities to respond to sexual assualt victims seeking legal medical exams in Davidson County.
• Provides emotional support and individual advocacy to survivors of sexual assault and non-offending significant others during their interactions.
• To maintain appropriate and thorough documentation and electronic records.
• Attend Criminal Injuries Victims Compensation training every 3 years.
• Attend regularly scheduled Advocacy team meetings and all staff meeting monthly.
• Other duties assigned.
• Experience working within diverse communities required.
• Ability to work independently.
•Ability to make thoughtful decisions and remain calm during a crisis.
• Experience working with sexual assault victims/survivors and/or systems/organizations working on behalf of sexual assault victims/survivors.
• Experience working in or with health care setting.
• Bilingual (Spanish and English).
• Ability to work with multidisciplinary team of individuals representing multiple organizations and interests.
• Models trauma-informed approach and cultural humility related to client care, supervision, and team/organizational wellness.
• Organized, detail oriented, and flexible.
• Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
• Utilizes good judgement to navigate uncertainty and conflict.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Reports directly to Safe Clinic Director.
This position is on site: 101 French Landing Drive Nashville, TN 37228.
SAC reserves the right waive any of the above qualifications’ dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
Our part-time employees are offered:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Dr. Kay J. Morgan at email@example.com
- Date Posted: July 26, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 19.23 per hour
- Working Hours: 8:00 pm - 8:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays