In celebration of the AAPI community and Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month, we invite you to join CNM for a Half-Day of Convening to discuss Asian American and Pacific Islander Voices and Narratives! We will be combining visual and performance art with panel discussions that will explore how community leaders can learn and make an everyday impact on race, equity, and social justice in the areas of health, business, culture, and more!
This virtual convening will be interactive and informative as we look at current opportunities and needs within the AAPI community. This event is free and open to anyone interested in learning more, how to support and take action.
This event will take place in various half-hour panel discussions, and you are welcome to attend different sessions as your availability sees fit.
Event Topics and Schedule:
- 11 am - 11:10 am - Introductory Welcome
- 11:10 am - 11:25 am - What does AAPI mean? Diversity Definition and History
- 11:25 am - 11:55 am - Model Minority Myth- how the AAPI community is looked past in DEI conversations
- 12:05 pm - 12:35 pm - The Bamboo Ceiling- Structural Racism in the Growth of Organizations and Individuals
- 12:35 pm - 1:05 pm - Asian Hate and Resilience
- 1:05 pm - 1:25 pm - Meditation and Processing Space
The conference will be held virtually via Zoom. Participants are welcome to come and go to the zoom room as they please.
Event Topics & Instructor