Morning Session with Megan Godbey
Join us in exploring what we can do to further empower our Nashville community through social change. Collective Impact is a type of social change framework for bringing people together to work differently toward a common mission. In this session, learn what the Collective Impact framework is and how this approach can create community-wide change. Participants will learn what types of problems are best suited for Collective Impact (CI) and how this large-scale work can be structured to increase success.
• Identify the five conditions of the CI framework
• Describe the evolution of the CI framework (CI 3.0)
• Determine which types of social problems are best suited for the CI approach
• Explain the difference between technical and adaptive problems
Afternoon Session with Joy Bronson
Equity has become a national buzzword since our 2021 Presidential Inauguration. But, what is equity, and why does it matter in systems change and community impact? What does it look like, and how do we practice for genuine and meaningful impact here in Nashville? In this introductory session, you’ll begin to understand equity as a work of community engagement and practice--and why it’s critical to begin practicing right where we are now.
• Interconnecting the importance of equity as itself a condition of successful systems change work
• Understand the historical and present reality of systemic inequities--and why they must be deconstructed to achieve equity
• Explore the distinction between awareness, education, and practice
• Understand the importance of equity practice in our own roles and spaces of power to become successful and competent in practice organizationally
Note: This workshop can be used as an elective for all CNM Certificate programs requiring additional electives for completion.
*Workshop times are Central Standard Time.
|Member $45 / Nonmember $90||$90.00|
Event Topics & Instructor