In celebration of Pride Month, we invite you to join CNM for a Day of Convening to discuss LGBTQ+ Voices and Narratives! Led by Phil Cobucci, we will be facilitating panel discussions that will explore how community leaders can learn and make an everyday impact on equity and social justice in various areas!
This virtual convening will be interactive and informative as we look at current opportunities and needs within the LGBTQ+ community. This event is designed for anyone who wants to network, collaborate, and discuss LGBTQIA+ rights and ways we can promote equality in our spaces.
Event Topics and Schedule:
- Session 1: 9:30 am - 10:45 am (Virtual)
- Queer + Trans People of Color | What pride means to them, and what they want you to know
- Session 2: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm (Virtual)
- In Conversation: Creating a better future for all LGBTQ+ people in the South
- Session 3: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm (Virtual)
- Privilege, Power, and Pride: Intersectionality within the LGBTQ+ Community
- Session 4: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm (Virtual)
- How to be an ally to the LGBTQ+ Community
- Session 5: 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm (Virtual) Open Line
This conference will take place virtually via Zoom, held in various one-hour panel discussions; with one hybrid event at 11 am at Thistle Farms. Participants are welcome to attend different sessions as your availability sees fit.
Event Topics & Instructor