This workshop will explore and clarify the differences between nonprofit and for-profit accounting practices as well as bring understanding to the nuances of how to measure historical performance through a financial lens.
In this workshop, several standard documents and processes will be covered including: statement of financial position, statement of activities, statement of functional expenses, and statement of cash flows.
We will discuss ways to enhance your month-end reporting as well as strategies for creating budgets and forecasts. We will conclude with a case study in which we apply the learning objectives to a specific nonprofit as well as learn tips and tricks for budgeting and forecasting, and how it relates to your current role.
- Clarify the differences between nonprofit and for-profit accounting
- Review, in detail, the key financial statements for nonprofits and how they work together
- Understand the nuances of how to measure historical performance
- Learn tips and tricks for budgeting and forecasting
- Review various case studies, and how they relate to your current roles
Suggested Career Path: Program Leader (Mid-career nonprofit professionals who lead teams and programs; 5-10 years serving in the nonprofit sector)
|Member $50 / Nonmember $100||$ 100.00|
Event Topics & Instructor