Nonprofit organizations with great boards have great board members who understand the servant leadership role. In this interactive workshop, participants will learn how a well-functioning board works, what to ask when applying to be on a board, and how to improve board operations while on the board. Learn the legal roles, the moral and organizational responsibilities, and gain a deeper understanding of the aspects of a board of director's work with which you feel you can authentically and enthusiastically engage.
1. Learn the role of a director and the role of a board
2. Explore how the board fits into the nonprofit structure
3. Discover what board members are supposed to do and the responsibilities
4. Learn how to ask the right questions as a board member
5. Identify the signs of a successful board
Suggested Career Path: Community Leader / Board Members and/ or nonprofit professionals who want to hone their board management skills