Are you feeling overwhelmed or lost with the day-to-day operation of your volunteer program? Have you recently been tasked with building a successful volunteer base for your agency? Running a successful volunteer program requires implementing smart management systems and procedures. This class will cover best practices and common pitfalls for building a volunteer program and managing those volunteers.
Certificate Leadership Level: Program Leader (Mid-career nonprofit professionals who lead teams and programs; 5-10 years serving in the nonprofit sector)
Part 1:Thursday, January 14th, 2021 (9 am - 11:30 am CT)
This interactive session will go over key skills you need to know in order to evaluate where your volunteer program currently stands, and how to make a map to where you want to go. You’ll learn to get buy-in from key stakeholders and how to create strong volunteer position descriptions. We’ll also talk about why having policies and procedures in writing is critical before getting started.
• Evaluate your current volunteer program, and create a road map of where you want to go.
• Get buy-in from key stakeholders in your organization.
• Create strong volunteer position descriptions, and consider other policies and procedures.
Part 2:Thursday, January 28th, 2021 (9 am - 11:30 am CT)
Part two will delve deep into an impact-based approach to recruiting volunteers and how to write a persuasive ad. We’ll also learn why orientation is a critical piece of managing volunteers, and brainstorm ways to succinctly describe your value proposition and what format works best.
• Effectively recruit for volunteers.
• Understand why volunteer orientation is crucial for success.
• Create an impactful elevator pitch.
Part 3: Thursday, February 11th, 2021 (9 am - 11:30 am CT)
The last class focuses on the last pieces of the volunteer cycle. From creating a training that works for all kinds of learners, to developing an overarching system for recognizing volunteers, each component is a chance to retain volunteers. Why is that important? Volunteers are you fanclub, your advocates, your donors, and your org’s friends. Build an excellent program to keep them coming back!
• Create a training outline that works for various types of learners
• Develop or systematize your volunteer recognition system.
• Request feedback from volunteers.
• Retain the volunteers you’ve worked so hard to recruit!
This certificate is part of a 3-part series. You must attend each session in addition to three electives to complete the certificate.To sign up, register through Part 1 which will automatically enroll you in the three core classes. You may view your Volunteer Program Management Certificate electives here.
|Volunteer Program Management: Winter 2021 cohort ($150 member / $300 nonmember)||$ 300.00|
Event Topics & Instructor