Learn what it takes to build a culture of coaching in your organization to help with professional growth, communication, and building trust. In this workshop participants will practice coaching activities in small groups to strengthen their skills and get feedback from others. Learn about coaching communication styles, questioning strategies, and the different types of coaching. Participants will leave with hours of coaching practice under their belt, and tools to implement coaching in the workplace.
There will be a pre-session assignment. You will receive the instructions at least 1 week before the session.
Topics Addressed: executive coaching, leadership coaching, questioning, communication
Course Level: Intermediate
Who should attend:
- Nonprofit managers or directors who supervise others in the workplace.
- Leaders and executives looking to build their coaching skills to improve outcomes in the workplace.
- CNM Members working toward their Volunteer Management certificate
Method of Facilitation: peer to peer coaching, role play, discussion, reflection
This work will amplify the impact of nonprofits by helping participants:
- Learn the coaching core competencies and how they intersect with leadership.
- Use the coach approach to identify employee needs, set goals, create action plans, and provide feedback.
- Practice applying coaching frameworks and strategies in small groups.
Nashvlle, TN 37210
|Member $130 / Nonmember $260||$ 260.00|
Event Topics & Instructor