One strategy is to develop a specific set of questions that allow you and your organization to ask yourselves, “Is this policy/practice/program/initiative of ours equitable? If not, why and how can we make it more equitable and fair?” This set of questions is your organization’s equity lens. Join Sarah Bounse to learn about equity and systemic inequities, what an equity lens is, and how to develop and implement your own equity lens, which can lead to systemic change in your organization and community. This workshop will include time and resources to help organizations develop their own specific equity lens for their particular sectors and focus areas.
• Identify what the basics of equity are and understand why they matter.
• Learn how to develop your own equity lens and how it will help reach your mission and vision.
• Understand what barriers Nashville organizations are facing in achieving equity.
• Explore tools for how to implement equity processes in your organization.
• Participants will walk away with a drafted equity lens to share with their organization.
Suggested Career Path: Emerging Leader (Early-career, 0 – 4 years serving in the nonprofit sector) and anyone interested in learning about the importance of equity