Belmont University

Masters in Nonprofit Leadership

Belmont University and the Center for Nonprofit Management established a partnership in 2008 that created a new masters program at the university to specialize in Nonprofit Leadership.

Belmont University President Dr. Robert Fisher said, “With Belmont’s significant emphasis on learning and service, it only makes sense that we should offer a Masters of Nonprofit Leadership for individuals seeking to start a second career or those who want professional development in a current nonprofit venture. By partnering with the Center for Nonprofit Management, we can guarantee students will have Middle Tennessee’s best experts and nonprofit executives to direct courses and share their experiences.”

As part of the program, students who are already employed by organizations that are members of the Center for Nonprofit Management will be eligible for discounted tuition. Belmont will contribute 25 percent of the total tuition, leaving the student and his or her agency to split the remaining seventy-five percent of the cost.

The Master of Nonprofit Leadership will be designed to build skills and knowledge for practical application in the nonprofit workplace. Students completing the program will develop leadership potential and explore leadership styles and models.

A 30-credit hour program, the Master of Nonprofit Leadership is designed for completion part-time in 18-24 months.  Classes are held on Saturdays, every other week, in an eight week format, allowing candidates to take two courses in an academic semester.  For information about the program or admissions contact Ms. Andrea McClain, Coordinator of Graduate Admissions: NPL Program at 615-460-5483, email at andrea.mcclain@belmont.edu or click here.

 

Master of Organizational Leadership & Communication

Belmont's Master of Organizational Leadership & Communication program is designed to build skills and knowledge for practical application in the workplace. The central aim of the program is the development of organizational leaders as reflective practitioners who are skilled in observation, analysis, synthesis, and dialogue. Ethical decision making is considered a core value of the program and is explicitly addressed in a variety of contexts.

Students completing the program will develop their leadership potential and explore leadership styles and models while learning to:

  • Thrive in periods of organizational change
  • Lead effective teams
  • Effectively communicate to internal and external audiences
  • Anticipate global trends and changes

Students who are employed by organizations that are members of CNM are eligible for discounted tuition. Belmont will contribute 25 percent of the total tuition, leaving the student and his or her organization to split the remaining 75 percent.

A 30-credit hour program, the Master of Organizational Leadership & Communication is designed for completion part-time in 18-24 months.  Classes are held on Saturdays, every other week, in an eight week format, allowing candidates to take two courses in an academic semester.  For information about the program or admissions contact Ms. Andrea McClain, Coordinator of Graduate Admissions: OLC Program at 615-460-5483, email at andrea.mcclain@belmont.edu or click here.