Hands On Nashville
Nonprofit Partnerships and Data Leader – AmeriCorps
Hands On Nashville
Are you a problem solver at your core? Do you believe in the power of volunteers and want to learn how to maximize their impact? Come join Hands On Nashville and support more than 200 nonprofits meeting community needs!
Full Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
The Nonprofit Partnerships and Data Leader has a unique view into how communities are shaped by volunteerism and will use their skills to drive volunteer engagement with nonprofit partners. This AmeriCorps member should be flexible, thrive when using technology and data to solve problems, and use these talents to help nonprofits small and large achieve their missions. To be successful, this member should demonstrate confidence in public speaking, have a collaborative and silly spirit, and be self-driven. This member will get to experience the humanness behind nonprofits as they learn and exercise their passion for improving their community.
This member will assist the Community Partnerships team by building relationships and developing strategies, processes, and resources for recruiting and engaging volunteers.
The Nonprofit Partnerships and Data Leader will gain an exceptional overview of the greater Nashville non-profit world, impact areas, and approaches to meeting community needs. This member will complete their term with outstanding facilitation and training experience, increased organization and communication skills, and well-developed tech skills.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Assist in creating strategies, processes, and resources for recruiting and engaging volunteers
- Build strategic relationships with a variety of new community partners including schools, congregations, civic organizations, businesses, grassroots movements, and neighborhoods
- Provide support and volunteer leadership for corporate service engagements, disaster response, skilled volunteerism, and other community-wide events
- Create assessment tools to assist community partners in identifying needs
- Evaluate the volunteer experience through formal and informal feedback and provide recommendations for program enhancements
Typical Day In This Position
A typical day in this role is filled with randomness. It’s always the exciting unknown responding to challenges our partners are experiencing. Much of the role will be computer based. Weekly tasks may include reviewing volunteer posts, preparing technology for new partners, and visiting a nonprofit partner to learn about how they use volunteers.
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., approximately 37.5 hours a week.
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools like Word and Excel
(2) Working with people from diverse backgrounds
(3) Using telephones, email, and video conferencing professionally
(4) Confidence in public speaking
(5) Ability to calmly navigate stressful situations and environments, especially in the face of natural disasters
Key abilities include:
(1) Good organizational skills, self motivation and enthusiasm for your work
(2) Good judgment and professional behavior
(3) Willingness to learn and to teach others.
(4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- $6,345 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $20,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: https://forms.office.com/r/4BZ11DvFuv
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 20000
- Working Hours: 37.5