Senior Business Advisor-Financial Middle Tennessee
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending (Pathway) and under the general supervision of the SVP Education this position provides support in administrative areas. The Senior Business Advisor-Financial is primarily responsible for the education and counseling of Pathway’s clients in Middle Tennessee to promote the success of the businesses and to mitigate the risk of loan losses in this high-risk portfolio. The position is unique in that it combines lending with pre- and post-loan technical assistance under a single program.
- Leads client engagements and supervises resource teams independently with little oversight,
- Develops and promotes strategies that helps Pathway identify opportunities to provide educational, technical, and financial opportunities to underserved communities and individuals with the assistance of the appropriate community partners.
- Provides hands-on business consulting (technical assistance) and educational services, including but not limited to; assessing strengths and weaknesses in clients’ business models, strategies, and practices; identifying operational deficiencies and developing practical strategies to mitigate such deficiencies to increase productivity and profitability.
- Supports Pathway’s educational programs by providing one- on- one counseling to clients; develops and teaches classes; writes articles on various aspects of entrepreneurship; and represents the organization at various outreach events.
- Facilitates borrower “support groups;” creates and maintains strategic partnerships and professional relationships with other business consultants and advisors (“resources”) and leverages those resources to provide additional support to clients.
- Performs outreach to organizations and stakeholders to support Pathway’s education programs.
- Establishes and maintains all client and milestone information in organizational systems such as Salesforce.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Ability to provide excellent customer service with clients, partners, stakeholders, and team members. Strong Microsoft Office skills including Adobe, and ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools. Knowledge of small business and commercial loan documentation, strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy, excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master’s Degree in Accounting, C.P.A or M.B.A. is a plus. Six years of experience in job related activities or small business consulting is preferred. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, 401k Plan, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Plan, Life Insurance
How to Apply
Send resumes to Rita.Elders@pathwaylending.org
- Date Posted: May 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 05/02/2022
- Salary Range: 82,400 per year
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk