Meals and Community Outreach Manager
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Meals and Community Outreach Manager. This is a full-time position with regular weekday hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with occasional evenings and weekends, and on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
As a FiftyForward employee, you have a unique opportunity to change the lives of older adults. As the Meals and Community Outreach Manager, you will be responsible for the management, oversight, and day-to-day meal provision through FiftyForward Fresh, FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services, and the Knowles Center. The Meals and Community Outreach Manager conducts outreach, advocates for, and connects older adults, especially those most vulnerable and isolated, with meals, food, and additional resources to increase food security and decrease isolation.
- Oversees all aspects of meal and food provision through FiftyForward Fresh, FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services, and Knowles Center. Ensures programs operate smoothly in accordance with applicable licensing, safety, and grant requirements to meet or exceed agency, constituent, and funder expectations.
- Manages daily operation of FiftyForward Fresh, including Food Security Program outreach and service delivery.
- Oversees ordering, preparation, and submission of invoices for food, meals, and supplies for meal provision across FiftyForward Fresh, Friends, and Knowles programs. Maintains and coordinates working relationships with food and supply vendors.
- Supervises Food Security Assistant and provides task supervision for AmeriCorps Senior Volunteer Coordinator and acts as a backup, filling in for both positions as needed.
- Works collaboratively with the FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services Director to address participants’ nutritional needs.
- Communicates about the Fresh Meal program with new and existing customers and troubleshoots issues that arise with customers.
- Schedules, coordinates, and performs outreach activities to develop collaborative working relationships with older adults and community groups serving older adults including non-profit agencies, faith communities, and neighborhood groups.
- Serves as an advocate and works with potential referral sources to identify appropriate referrals and coordinates the timely provision of food, meals, and connection to wraparound services.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and oversees program revenues and expenses in accordance with the agency-approved budget.
- Prepares and submits timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on the number of persons served, units, and types of service provided and progress toward meeting annual goals and objectives. Ensures that all program, outreach, and financial goals are met on an annual basis.
- Performs administrative program functions including invoicing customers, maintaining data in data management systems, and implementing satisfaction surveys and other evaluations.
- Manages all aspects of Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday meal provision including providing oversight and coordination on-site on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas Day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service, management, or related field. An associate degree or high school diploma with equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 1-3 years experience in program management, meal provision, performing outreach, and/or working with vulnerable populations (older adults, ethnic/racial minority communities, etc.) preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish and/or English/Arabic fluency a plus.
- Must be First-Aid/CPR and ServSafe-certified or willing to obtain certification.
- Ability to bend, stoop, push, pull, stand for long periods, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds.
- A valid TN driver’s license, good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- An interest in and sensitivity to assisting older adults.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport and relate well to all people using diplomacy and tact.
- Proficient in using computer programs and Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) and office equipment, i.e., printer, copier, and telephone.
- Excellent detail and organization skills.
- Open to constructive feedback, and creative dialogue with FiftyForward Management Team.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health (including telehealth), dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long-term care, Life, AD&D, and FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus the week between Christmas and New Year
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all FiftyForward centers
- Community involvement
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners, and have touched the lives of more than 20,000. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and live their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: August 24, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm, with occasional evenings and weekends, and on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day