Disability Rights Tennessee
Financial Rights Reviewer
Disability Rights Tennessee
Disability Rights Tennessee (DRT) seeks a Financial Rights Reviewer to provide financial protection and advocacy to beneficiaries of Social Security Administration (SSA) benefits who receive services from a Representative Payee.
This position will be based in Middle or West Tennessee. Position will require frequent travel throughout the state.
DRT requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Successful candidate must be eligible to obtain government clearance by the United States Government Office of Personnel Management.
Only resumes submitted with a cover letter will be considered.
Who We Are
DRT is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the rights of Tennesseans with disabilities. DRT is the designated Protection & Advocacy System (P&A) and Client Assistance Program (CAP) for Tennessee. For over 44 years, our agency has served more than 57,000 Tennesseans. DRT is funded through federal grants, state contracts, private donations, and grants. DRT has eleven programs which provide services across the state and across issues. Services include:
- Support & Resources
- Education & Outreach
- Investigation & Monitoring
- Advocacy & Legal Representation
To learn more about DRT, visit us at DisabilityRightsTN.org or on social media.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct onsite financial reviews on behalf of SSA across the State of Tennessee both as a lead and support Reviewer.
- Conduct interviews of Tennesseans with disabilities who receive social security benefits and who have been assigned a Representative Payee.
- Audit and interview Representative Payees as identified by Social Security Administration.
- Complete all review elements and entry of related documentation in the Representative Payee Monitoring Tool.
- Complete reviews and final reporting in compliance with all SSA contract requirements.
- Adhere to strict protocols for all materials that include Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Participate in all outreach, professional development, referral activities and other tasks as assigned by the Director of the BRP Unit.
Keys to Success
- Master’s Degree in counseling, social work, human services or related field preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years or more of related experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Existing knowledge of social security benefits and/or disability rights issues preferred.
- Existing knowledge of Representative Payee requirements preferred.
- To be successful in this job, a Financial Rights Reviewer must possess these values, skills and abilities:
- Ability to engage in logical analysis
- Sound professional judgement
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient use of computers and MS Office software. Ability to learn software specifically designed for the P&A Network and the Representative Payee program.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team both as a team leader and secondary Reviewer
- Availability to frequently travel as required to reach benchmarks
- Ability to professionally represent DRT
Government clearance by the United States Government Office of Personnel Management is required for this position.
What Else You Should Know
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of DRT’s mission, values, and daily practice. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds to join our team including but not limited to candidates with disabilities, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, professionals from various generations, and veterans.
- The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day)
- In-office work will be required at times. Remote work will be allowed for this position.
- The role will require frequent travel, and a valid driver’s license and insurance are necessary.
- Home internet is required but technology will be provided by DRT.
- This position is based in the middle or western parts of Tennessee.
- Successful candidate must be eligible to obtain government clearance by the United States Government Office of Personnel Management
The salary for this position ranges from $45,000 – $47,500. The exact salary depends on experience and skills. We offer excellent benefits such as flexible schedule, remote work, maternity/paternity leave, paid federal and state holidays, and insurance options including medical, vision, dental, life, and disability.
How to Apply
If this seems like you, please send a resume and cover letter to Ann Anderson, Human Resources and Finance Director at email@example.com
If you have questions about the position, reach out to Jennifer Shilling, Representative Payee Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: June 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $45,000 - $47,500