Communications & Events Coordinator
St. Bernard Academy
The Communications & Events Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the school’s internal/external communications and implementation of a marketing plan through social media marketing, ad placement, email communications, regular updates to the school website, and internal communications projects. This role will support SBA Advancement through event planning and implementation within a team approach. Bachelor’s degree, a strong communications background, and proficiency in social media platforms and design tools such as Canva are required. The Communications & Events Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Advancement: Full-time, 12-month employee with a competitive salary and benefits.
CONTENT/COMMUNICATIONS – (75% JOB/TASKS TIME)
- Work with the Director of Advancement, Director of Admissions, and other appropriate staff to gather and create content for marketing, social media, email newsletters, digital advertising, and other promotional needs advancing the mission of St. Bernard Academy.
- Work with department leaders and Faculty to discover and collect content and story ideas for SBA promotion. Collect photo, video content, create social content, write copy, and basic promotion design (using digital solutions such as Canva), to support SBA Advancement.
- Participate in events, gather content, discover, and create content and story ideas during events, preceding events for promotion, and post-event recaps.
- Assist in the management of the SBA website and ensure website content is relevant and up to date.
- Create, develop, and design other SBA materials, collaterals, social, digital, and content for school promotion and marketing as necessary.
- Coordinate with the SBA parent association and their communications lead on all parent-association-sponsors emails and support their messaging within school communications.
- Maintaining brand standards for St. Bernard Academy.
EVENT SUPPORT – (25% JOB TASKS/TIME)
- Coordinate events through an internal Event Management system, collaborating with school administration and Faculty.
- Assist Directors of Advancement and Admissions with mission-driven, community-building events.
- Coordinate event logistics for school gatherings and special events.
- Coordinate with the SBA parent association on volunteer-led events, assist volunteer teams, and encourage positive volunteer experiences.
Responsible for submitting and operating within the departmental budget. This position may be responsible for other duties as assigned though not specifically stated above by the Director of Advancement and Head of School. This position is part of an uplifting, positive professional team dedicated to creating community and advancing the mission of St. Bernard Academy.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2+ years of professional experience with a concentration in Marketing, Business, Non-Profit, or Communications preferred.
Competitive with Benefits
How to Apply
Email AGodfrey@stbernard.org with your resume and cover letter by Monday, July 10, 2023.
- Date Posted: June 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: Competitive with Benefits
- Working Hours: 7:45 a.m.-3:45 p.m