Family & Children's Service
Bilingual English-Arabic ACA Navigator (Memphis)
Family & Children's Service
The ACA Navigator will execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services, and execute hand-offs between relevant entities. Bilingual Arabic/English is required. Travel is required. This position will serve the Memphis, TN area, candidate must live in this area.
- Complete Federal Navigator training course and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional, and confidential assistance to all clients seeking health benefits.
- Conduct marketing and outreach within local communities about health insurance options.
- Work independently, traveling throughout designated service area and providing services in various locations as needed.
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality.
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes.
- Provide assistance and input, creating various materials for the Navigator Program.
- Assess, identify, and evaluate needs of consumers who call or attend events to determine eligibility. Assist those who are eligible, refer others as appropriate.
- Determine if clients are potentially eligible for TennCare, CoverKids or Marketplace plans and assist clients in applying for such programs as appropriate.
- Identify and refer clients not eligible for health insurance to the FCS Health Assist program, or those with Medicare to SHIP.
- Provide follow up as needed to successfully complete the enrollment process for TennCare, CoverKids and Marketplace plans.
- Assess callers’ needs, facilitate problem-solving with callers, and make accurate referrals to appropriate community agencies, programs and services.
- Attend training and briefings on TennCare, CoverKids and Marketplace coverage; and fulfill annual continuing education requirements for state renewal each year.
- Maintain documentation of clients in a clear, precise, and timely manner.
- Reach out to those in the Community for outreach efforts, project marketing and special presentations as needed.
- Meet outreach, education, enrollment assistance, and enrollment goals as outlined.
- Keep calendars up to date with outreach and enrollment events, as well as education presentations.
- Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation required.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Social Services or a health care field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment, and experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred.
This is a benefits eligible position. We offer Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance, 401k and 401k matching, generous vacation and sick leave, parental leave.
How to Apply
Send resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: November 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 19.78 per hour
- Working Hours: 40 hour work week