Connect With Us
About the EVE initiative
The Center for Nonprofit Management joined Hands On Nashville and Mayor Karl Dean to roll out the Excellence in Volunteer Engagement (EVE) certification.
The first of its kind in the nation, EVE will recognize nonprofit agencies in Davidson County that have exceptional volunteer programs as determined by a panel of judges that represent the community.
EVE certification will require that each agency have:
1. A volunteer component in their strategic plan.
2. A dedicated and trained volunteer manager—either paid or unpaid.
3. A screening process to be sure that volunteers' time is well-spent and targeted to their skills and talents.
4. An orientation for all volunteers.
5. An evaluation process to look at a volunteer's impact on the community and agency.
Certifications will be awarded twice a year and valid for two years. Application is open to all nonprofit agencies in Davidson County with no restrictions on the size or budget of the organization and no application fee.
More information about the next round of applications will be available soon.